March 13, 2020
Dear Library Patrons,
As a public facility averaging 15,000 visitors each month, the North Canton Public Library is committed to the health and well being of our community and the Library staff. We are closely following information from national and local health officials as they respond to COVID-19 (coronavirus). The Library is prepared to assess and amend operations as this situation develops.
At present, the library is open regular hours. Our priority is to continue serving your library needs while maintaining the health of our community and Library staff. To do this, we are implementing some changes:
– In the interest of protecting our staff and patrons, the Library will not be hosting adult, teen and children’s programming until further notice.
– The March Friends of the Library book sale has been postponed to a future date TBD.
– We will not be allowing outside groups to use our conference or meeting rooms until further notice. If you have booked a meeting room, we will be in touch to arrange for rescheduling or cancelation.
– We are providing hand sanitizer and wipes to use in the library. (We also have plenty of soap and water in the bathrooms.)
– We are elevating our overall cleaning procedures and increasing sanitization of high-touch areas, such as door handles, handrails, keyboards, touch screens, and other surfaces.
– We are requiring our staff to stay home if they are ill.
– We are temporarily removing from circulation items in our Children’s Department such as toys, puzzles and games that are difficult to clean and sanitize.
– We are not accepting any donated materials (books, DVDs, CDs) until further notice.
– We are developing staffing and service models that will allow us to act responsibly should further precautionary measures be necessary.
– We are investing in additional eBooks, digital audiobooks, and streaming movies, TV and music. Our staff shares additional information about these materials in this blog post.
– We are extending due dates for items. If you have material that’s due but can’t make it to the Library, just call us at 330.499.4712 and we’ll work with you.
We encourage you to stay home if you are feeling ill, experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are simply concerned about potential exposure. It is important that we all do our part to prevent the spread of germs and disease to keep our neighbors safe.
We will use this webpage to communicate any changes in service due to COVID-19, and encourage you to check it. We will also communicate updates via social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
Thank you for your patience as we work through this developing situation.
Sandra K. Lang