North Canton Public Library Code of Conduct
Policy: Conduct that interferes with library operations or is disruptive or offensive to patrons or library employees will not be tolerated. Theft or malicious defacing of library property will be grounds for arrest and/or dismissal. Misuse of library property by employees will be grounds for disciplinary action.
Regulations: Library users and employees are expected to abide by all library policies and regulations, and to obey all federal, state, and local laws while on library property. Parents of minor children are responsible for their child’s behavior while on library property. Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
1) Loud talking or other noise
2) Physical threats or abuse
3) Running and roaming
4) Abusive or foul language
5) Eating and drinking in public areas
9) Use of restrooms for personal grooming or laundry
10) Possession of weapons
11) Abuse or misuse of library furnishings, equipment, or materials
12) Congregating in or around entrances or stairways, inside or out
13) Commission of an illegal or unauthorized act on library property against the patrons, personnel, or property of the library (i.e., theft, trespass, assault, arson)
14) Use of audio devices without headphones
15) Deliberate violation of the Library’s Internet Safety Policy.
16) Sexual conduct which is considered a violation of Chapter 2907 of the Ohio Revised Code
Patrons will be warned once and asked to leave the premises if unacceptable conduct continues.
Suspension of library privileges may occur if a patron is found to have engaged in repeated unacceptable behavior on library property.
Patrons may be prosecuted under Title 29 of the Ohio Revised Code for criminal acts against other patrons, library personnel, or property.
Employees are expected to enforce library policies and regulations and to report any unethical, suspicious, or illegal conduct by fellow employees, patrons, or vendors to the Director.
Employees who violate Library behavior policies are subject to disciplinary action.