Special Cards for Special Teachers
We offer special cards for teachers! Our teacher library cards allow you to check out up to 100 children’s books at any time for six weeks, giving you and your classroom a chance to explore the materials for a longer time.
• Teacher privileges apply only to children’s books for classroom use. Other library materials including talking books, music CDs, kits, electronic devices and DVDs must be checked out using a general patron library card.
• Children’s books may be checked out for six weeks, with one two-week renewal available.
• As with all library cards, overdue items will be charged a late fee and full price will be charged for lost or damaged items.
We know parents can’t always find childcare for these important meetings, but we can provide activities to help keep children entertained when they tag along.
1. Playaway View is available! Keep one of these handheld all-in-one video players in your classroom, and watch as education meets entertainment. Playaway View, a product exclusive to libraries, is pre-loaded with multiple videos, so students can view great content and listen with headphones during your meeting.
2. Check out a few items from our collection of books with CDs and our preloaded devices such as Go Readers or Playaways. Students wearing headphones will be entertained and captivated by good stories.
3. Travel Totes – Give us one week notice, and we’ll fill a tote with age appropriate books, picture or chapter books with CDs, music CDs and activity pages.
In your Classroom
Studying specific subject matter? We can gather a variety of books, movies and other resources related to your topic. We’ll explore our collection and pull items for you.
Add some interest to your story times with our collection of Puppet Pals (puppets paired with a book), Mini Pals (small flannel board characters), Flannel Board stories, Big Books and music CDs.
Themed Activity Kits
Our TAKits include a selection of books, activities, worksheets, and games all based around the exploration of a central theme such as bugs, dinosaurs, safety and holidays.
CONNECT. LEARN. GO!
Tutor.com can help students get homework done, write papers, or study for tests. Anyone with a North Canton Public Library card can create a FREE account and log in to get the help they need, online and on-demand. Tutors are available from 3 to 10 p.m. each day.
Use these databases with your SMART Board!
We provide online databases that help with reading, comprehension and school reports through the library’s website. Look for PebbleGo, BookFlix, TrueFlix, and FreedomFlix. All you need is a library card and PIN to access these anywhere, including the classroom!
• PebbleGo is an innovative K-3 database from Capstone Press that takes multimodal learning to the next step by making research and literacy accessible for the youngest students.
• BookFlix is an online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks from Weston Woods with related nonfiction from Children’s Press and other trusted Scholastic imprints.
• TrueFlix™ is the only online resource that leverages the award-winning True Books content to help students hone literacy skills, build knowledge of subject-area content, and cultivate 21st Century Skills through the inquiry process.
• FreedomFlix is the online resource that transforms content from the highly successful Cornerstones of Freedom series into enhanced e-Books.
• ScienceFlix is the online resource that emphasizes STEM thinking and the Next Generation Science Standards.
All Flix Programs
• Include timely and engaging content that is accessible for all patrons
• Provide digital tools for homework help and research
• Support the Common Core Standards and the school and homeschool curriculum
Learn about the large variety of educational materials available to check-out from the children’s department.
Visit the Children’s Department page.