The North Canton Public Library (NCPL) is an official Passport Acceptance Facility for the U.S. Department of State. Passport and photo services are available by appointment only.  Appointments are for one hour and can accommodate up to two applications. Book consecutive one-hour appointments for additional applications. Please be aware that passport appointments typically take about 45 minutes.

Note that appointments for applicants under the age of 16 must be in person, and the applicant must be accompanied by any parent(s) listed on the birth certificate or listed in guardianship paperwork using the DS-11 form.

Please call NCPL at 330.499.4712 x311 to make an appointment.

Appointment Hours
Passport Processing and photo services are available for the following hours:

Monday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (last available appointment time slot: 4 p.m.)
Tuesday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (last available appointment time slot: 6 p.m.)
Wednesday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (last available appointment time slot: 4 p.m.)
Thursday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (last available appointment time slot: 4 p.m.)
Friday: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (last available appointment time slot: 2 p.m.)

Passport Checklist
You will need to bring the following items to your passport appointment:

An unsigned DS-11 application either completed in black ink or filled out online and printed from the U.S. State Department website.
-Print a blank form
-Complete online and print OR print and complete in black ink

Proof of U.S. citizenship (one of the following):
-Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county, or state
-Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
-Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport
-Naturalization Certificate
-Certificate of Citizenship

Current proof of identity (one of the following):
-Current valid driver’s license
-U.S. or foreign passport
-Military I.D. card
-State-issued I.D. card
-NOTE: Further proof of identification is required if providing a State I.D., temporary driver’s license, learner’s permit, or out-of-state driver’s license or I.D. card

One passport photo
-It should be in color, 2”x2” with a full-face, front view, a plain white or off-white background, and have been taken within the past six months. The NCPL can take your photo for a $12 fee.

Photocopies of proof of identity and proof of citizenship. (These can be made at the library.)

Passport fees
-Federal Fees: There are fees associated with the application process. Any fees being paid to the U.S. State Department must be paid via check or money order.  For reference, the current fees are as follows:

Adult Passport Book $130 $35
Adult Passport Card $30 $35
Adult Passport Book + Card $160 $35
Minor Passport Book $100 $35
Minor Passport Card $15 $35
Minor Passport Book + Card $115 $35

-Additional fees of $60 will be incurred for expedited applications
-Additional fee of $19.53 will be incurred for 1-2 Day Delivery Service if choosing faster return shipping
-A fee calculator and full list of optional fees are available from the U.S. State Department

NCPL Fees (can be paid using a check, cash or credit card)
-Passport Acceptance/Processing fee of $35
-Passport photo fee of $12

Frequently Asked Questions
The U.S. Department of State has the sole responsibility for examining applications and issuing passports. For more detailed information, please visit travel.state.gov or call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778.

Where can I get a copy of my birth certificate?
If you were born in Ohio, you can visit the Department of Health’s Vital Records page to get a copy. If you were born in another state, visit the Centers for Disease Control website for a state-by-state listing of contact information for obtaining vital records

How do I renew my passport?
Visit travel.state.gov for detailed instructions, printable forms, and renewal information.
Pro tip, get a new photo taken here at NCPL.

Can I apply for a U.S. Visa at the library?
Sorry, no. We cannot handle Visas. A Visa is an endorsement or stamp placed by officials of foreign countries on a U.S. passport that allows the bearer to visit that foreign country. Foreign entry requirements vary by country. Visit travel.state.gov for more details.

Can I get a passport for my child?
Yes, but all children under age 16 require both parents, or legal guardians, to be present during the application process. If one parent/guardian cannot be present, a signed and notarized Form DS-3053 Statement of Consent for Issuing a Passport to a Child must be provided. Birth certificates must be submitted for all children showing parental relationship, even if the child has had a passport previously. Children ages 16 to 17 can get passports, but they must apply in person at an official passport acceptance facility.